Most people notice changes in their primary symptoms within 5-10 sessions. It’s important, however, to understand that neuroplastic (permanent) changes are shown to occur after 20-30 visits. Even though you might be feeling better after 7 visits, we advise you to complete your entire program to achieve lasting results.
Short answer? Yes.
Long answer: Once your brain learns how and when to produce a certain brain wave, that ability becomes embedded as a new, permanent circuit. This process is known as neuroplasticity.
The typical patient usually requires 30 Brain Training sessions to ensure permanent neuroplastic changes.
To varying degrees. Brain training takes best advantage of the brain’s ability to use adjacent neuronal pathways to take over the function of the damaged/dysregulated area.
Also, the VieLight is a powerful tool to increase the function of each neuron at the mitochondrial level, allowing each brain cell to have more energy for healing and repair.
For more information on this topic, please visit our Alzheimer’s page.
Brain Training has been shown to help with:
- Anger management
- Panic attacks
- Stress disorders / PTSD
- Memory loss
- Chronic pain
- Bipolar Disorder
- Autism spectrum
- ADD ADHD
- Learning Challenges
- Dyscalculia (Math / Numbers Difficulty)
It can also be used to achieve peak performance in all areas of life — athletes, students, musicians, doctors and business owners alike use Brain Training to improve their mental clarity and physical capacities. It’s even used by NASA and for US Olympic training.
If you’ve got an issue and you suspect Brain Training could help, schedule an initial Brain Mapping session today, or give us a call. We’re happy to answer any questions you have.
This is why we do an initial Brain Mapping session before we create a treatment plan. The Brain Map shows the location and extent of any dysregulation in your child’s brain wave patterns.
From there, we can gauge how effective Brain Training is likely to be.
Dr. Yonce has been doing this a long time, and your child’s optimal health is his #1 priority. If Asheville Brain Training can help, he’ll explain everything. If not, he’ll explain that too.
A natural treatment works in concert with the body’s innate ability to heal and be well. In other words, it helps the body (or in this case, the brain) do what it’s already programmed to do, but better.
Nothing is put into the body at any time — no electricity, no shocks, no subliminal messages. Instead, brainwaves (which are already active) are simply being observed and reflected back to your brain in real time via auditory and visual feedback–sometimes while you just sit and watch a movie. For more info: click here
Yes and no.
Neurofeedback is often the most powerful component of our treatment plan, but we’ve developed a more well-rounded approach at Asheville Brain Training, so we have a wide range of leading edge “tools” that help restore balance to the brain’s functionality.
Our treatments include auxiliary therapies such as AVE, Em-Wave, and Vie-Light which increase the neurofeedback’s effectiveness.
Asheville Brain Training uses a unique, comprehensive approach developed by Dr. Yonce.
We’re able to do Brain Training concurrently with most medications, including stimulants. Dr. Yonce will talk with you more about your particular situation.
Until a brain map is completed, we won’t know which treatments will work best for you. During your report session, we will ensure you have all information regarding cost. In our experience, insurance does not cover the services we provide in our office, (and we do not accept insurance assignments.)
Scheduling & Visits
During your initial consultation, Dr. Yonce will carefully review and discuss your medical history as well as perform any needed physical exams. If you are a good candidate for our services, Dr. Yonce will discuss the necessary lab tests and schedule your follow-up appointments.
The initial consultation is US$397.
If you are NOT an in-state resident, your initial visit at Asheville Brain Training must be in person. After the first visit, all follow up visits can be conducted by phone or virtually using our secure video channel if you choose.
Patients have unlimited email access with our Asheville Brain Training provider team. However, if an email question or request is deemed by one of our staff to be too complicated or involved for a response via email they may, at their discretion, require that the patient schedule a phone, telemedicine or in person visit instead of responding via email.
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with an Asheville Brain Training doctor, health coach, or team member. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notifying the specific person you have an appointment with either via email or by changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal, you will be charged $100 to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
- We do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network primary care physician as we are not in-network with any insurance plan.
- We are not available for same-day acute emergency appointments, please call 911 or your primary care doctor.
- We do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
- Most lab tests ordered by a Asheville Brain Training physician will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Asheville Brain Training.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with an Asheville Brain Training doctor and may include blood saliva urine or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with your Asheville Brain Training physician.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Asheville Brain Training, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs – however, including Bioreference, which is a lab often used by Asheville Brain Training Health because of their favorable pricing policies for patients.