Do you lay awake at bedtime, or wake up in the middle of the night and can’t go back to sleep?
There’s nothing worse than not sleeping. Not only does it make you feel like a zombie, sleep deprivation is linked to weight gain, depression, and all manner of illnesses. Sleep is key to health.
A big misconception is that taking medications can help you sleep. Sleep is an active process of healing. There is no medication that will help you achieve the active process of sleep, and we need sleep to heal.
If you suffer from insomnia, chances are Asheville Brain Training isn’t the first place you’ve come to for help. And you’re probably feeling frustrated and hopeless.
Asheville Brain Training is different. Your initial Brain Map will show us any dysregulated areas of your brain that correlate to insomnia, and using a customized protocol, we can correct the dysregulation. Falling asleep and staying asleep is clearly the job of the brain, and Neurofeedback is a powerful tool for helping people do just that.
Some common sleep issues that improve with neurofeedback:
- Insomnia – Difficulty falling asleep or maintaining sleep during the night
- Sleeping too long (over 10 hours)
- Not feeling rested after sleep
- Difficulty getting to bed
- Restless leg syndrome – Leg discomfort or a need to move legs, disrupting sleep
- Bedwetting (Nocturnal enuresis)
- Difficulty waking up
- Sleep terrors – Abrupt arousal with intense fear, no dream recall or memory of event
- Bruxism – Teeth grinding during sleep